Oppo F15 was released in India earlier this year. Due to a process known as Fragmentation, which means that users do not receive updates and patches on time. Oppo F15 could not get the updates of the Android 10 based Color OS 7. But now, the patches have been fixed and some users started receiving Android 10 updates based on ColorOS 7 on their Oppo F15.
The updates which the users will get includes system-wide Dark Mode and navigation gestures. The update will also have a smart sidebar with added setting and an optimised Album UI to help look up photos quickly. Apart from this, it will also get a revised custom skin, cleaner UI, optimised camera, and Game Space gaming app hub. Google introduced these updates for Android 10 but due to technical problems they were not able to receive them.
Google and Oppo Working Together
Alphabet Inc. mentioned that Android 10 is faster than any version of the Android introduced before. It is faster than Android Pie (the last version of Android) by 29%. Currently 100 Million devices are recorded to be running the new Android 10. Google and Oppo have now started working together to get the updates in the Oppo devices. Once the process is done, a total of 20 Oppo devices, including the Oppo K3, Oppo A9, Oppo F9, Oppo F15, Oppo A91, Oppo Find X (and its variants) and the Oppo Reno Series will now be running Android 10 and getting the updates.
Oppo F15 Specifications
The Oppo F15 is the same model as the Oppo A91 which was launched in China last year, just re-branded. Oppo F15 has a 6.4 -inch full-HD+ AMOLED display with 20:9 aspect ratio and 1080 x 2400 pixels resolution. Oppo F15 is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Helio P70 processor along with Mali G72 MP3 GPU.
This device has a 4000-mAh battery with VOOC 3.0 fast charging support. Oppo F15 features a quad rear camera setup that includes a 48-megapixel primary lens, an 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens, a 2-megapixel portrait lens, and a 2-megapixel monochrome sensor. On the front is a 16-megapixel lens.
It comes in the variant of 2 combos that are 4GB RAM and 128GB Storage and the other one offers 8GB RAM and 128GB Storage.
Android 10 Updates will now be available on Oppo devices. All the new features can now be experienced by Oppo users too. The question here is that, does this give Oppo a push in the race?
- Brand new border-less design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
- Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
- Optimised user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
- Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
- Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
- Optimised the Floating Window feature for more apps.
- Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
- Optimised 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
- Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
- Optimised screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
Navigation Gestures 3.0
- New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
- Optimized gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
- Added Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
- Added Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
- New charging animation.
- Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
- Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
- Added a pause function for screen recording.
- Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
- New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
- Optimized system pre-loaded ringtones.
- Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
- Color Accessibility Mode added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
- New management function for recent tasks: You can view memory information about recent tasks and lock apps.
- Optimized visual interaction for Game Space.
- Optimized the startup animation for Game Space.
- More live wallpapers.
- Added Art+ static wallpapers.
- Customize whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
- Customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
- Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
- Optimized the graphic design of password unlocks to facilitate one-handed operations.
- Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
- More screen-off clock styles.
- Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
- Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
- In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating
- New the trim feature in Recordings.
- Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
- Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
- Optimized the Camera UI for better user experience.
- Optimized the Timer UI and sound.
- Optimized the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
- Added Album Recommendations that recognizes more than 80 different scenes.
- OPPO Share now supports sharing files with Vivo and Xiaomi devices.
- Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
- Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
- Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
- Added DocVault, an app for easy management and use of your digital ID cards (available only on phones sold in India).