When we talk about smartphones, Apple and OnePlus always come on the top. OnePlus being the Chinese manufacturer has been one of the best smartphone manufacturers. OnePlus 7 and 7T devices that were launched back in 2019 are still in demand and would remain in the hearts of people forever. Due to its high demand, the company tried many updates to improve the performance of the device. Now, OnePlus started to push the May 2021 security patch update with minor bug fixes for OnePlus 7 and 7T series devices.
Many updates came before including the Oxygen OS 11. Now, on 24 May 2021, they announced a big Update in Oxygen OS which made major changes to the device. Now according to some reports, the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7T users are getting an update that would fix a couple of issues while bringing the May 2021 security patch to these devices.
The update is approximately 321MB in size according to images that were shared on the internet and social media handles. Looking to the past, we see that the Chinese updates were also seen in the global editions. So, we could expect these updates globally too.
The update emerges as Oxygen OS 188.8.131.52 for the OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, and OnePlus 7T Pro devices and the changes which are made to them are mentioned below.
- Improved the system fluency
- Fixed the occasional issue that Google Fi SIM card cannot accept incoming calls
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.05
- Improved the swiping experience of Shelf
- Improved the loading speed of previewing pictures
- Fixed the occasional issue that incoming call interface delays to display
- Fixed the occasionally abnormal display issue when making a call
- Fixed the occasional issue that the mirror effect fails to work
- Fixed the abnormal issue with the camera when zooming in macro mode
- Fixed the abnormal issue with some buttons when taking pictures continuously in Nightscape mode
- Improved 4G network communication
- Improved the stability of Wi-Fi connection