iOS has always been known for its unbelievable privacy controls. It gives everything under YOUR command, whether it be controlling your phone tracking, rescuing your local network from the app’s access, or preventing your location access. So for everyone who puts their privacy at the greatest importance, we have a piece of glee for you. We know you have heard about various privacy controls in iOS 14 and iPadOS 14, but this one is quite special. Okay, no more suspense! This new feature in iOS 14 has the ability to limit third-party access to your Photos App, amazing right ?
Out of everything, I’m sure the privacy of your photos and videos concerns you the most. Now it’s on YOU to decide which app can access your photos and videos, this is not it, you can also decide which photos and videos you want open for third-party access.
No more access to your ENTIRE gallery, you can choose whichever photos / videos you want to upload or share. There is another benefit that iOS 14 / iPadOS 14 is going to reward you, let’s know what it is. Suppose you no longer want an app to access those pictures you earlier granted permission to, in this case, you can easily revoke the access without even a hitch.
Now, let’s learn how activate third party photos access limit feature on iOS 14:
- First select the app that you want to rescue from third-party access
- After opening the app, you will get a pop-up about access to the photos app. Hit on the “Select Photos” for the menu.
- Now is the time you select the photos which you want to be accessible. Hit on the “Done” button that you will see on the top-right corner.
After following these steps, the app can access only those pictures and videos that you allowed it to. Now, if you want to add more photos to the app’s access, click on “Select More Photos” while sharing or uploading the images.
Follow these steps to completely revoke or disallow the selected pictures from any app’s access to:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the settings app
- Scroll down until you find the “Privacy” option and then tap on it
- Now, click on “Photos”
- After clicking on photos, you will see a list of all the apps that have access to your photos and videos. Tap on the app in order to revoke its access.
- Now, under the “Allow Photos Access” you will see three options
- Selected Photos: In this option, you can allow the app to access your selected photos only.
- All Photos: In this option, you can allow the app to access your entire photo gallery.
- None: In this option, you can completely revoke the app’s access to your pictures.
You can select any option as per your wish.
You see how convenient it is to have everything right under your control? This feature undeniably is worth the appreciation. Thanks to iOS 14!