Distance has always been a barrier between you and your loved ones, especially in the hard times like these. When you cannot meet your friends and family, what is the first thing that comes to your mind? Obviously video calling! You video call your beloved ones to wipe off their tears (of course virtually) and celebrate their joys. The latest and greatest new functionality that has landed on Microsoft Teams is now going to help you connect with your dear ones. Yes, this new and separate version of Microsoft Teams is not formal anymore.
Although the features of this version are quite similar to the official one, there might be a few changes including the placement of the “Start New Chat” button. You can run this new version on iOS as well as Android devices. Basically what all you get is 10 GB file storage for your team and 2 GB personal storage.
Without wasting any moment further, let’s take you straight to the guide for how to use Microsoft Teams:
- The very first thing you need is to download the Microsoft Teams app on your iOS or Android device. Now, sign in with your Microsoft account. Note: If you do not have a Microsoft account, you can sign-up for free.
- If you already use Microsoft Teams for professional purposes, you have to create a personal account.
- You will be able to interact with your loved ones either via your phone number or your Microsoft email address. Make sure you share this with the people you are planning to make a call with.
- In this step, you will be asked to sync your contacts with the Team app (this step is optional).
- You will now see the main screen of the Microsoft Team App. You can interact with your mates or family through audio, text, or video call. You have to tap on a pencil/paper icon to start interacting.
- Enter the name or Microsoft id of the person in this column. It will send the invite to the person you want to chat with. You can add up to 20 persons to your group.
- Once the people you have sent an invite to, accept the invitation, you all can have chit-chat easily.
Now, let us familiarize you with the interface
At the bottom of the main screen you will be able to see various icons, each for a different purpose, for example – icon for chat, accessing your calendar, check out your activity, task updates, etc. Also, you will see a “More” icon at the bottom right corner of the screen that gives you various options like – a list of your calls and tasks, access to your camera, and to save your confidential information in an encrypted section.
Top Menu Icon:
You will find a three-line icon at the top left corner of your screen. This icon takes you to various other features like – setting up your availability, status message, access to your settings, setting notifications, and a bunch of other interesting features.
This is really an amazing gesture by Microsoft to let you stay connected with your dear ones.