Ever since the news of the WatchOS 7 public beta version has arrived, people are thrilled to experience its amazing features and searching the ways to install it. This new update is worth the experience as it includes a range of spectacular features like Sleep Tracking, Zen Mode 2.0, New Watch Faces, Workout Apps, using Siri to translate, hearing settings, the brand new hand wash feature like never before, and whatnot. Well, if you are using watch series 3, 4, or 5 then you are in luck!
Before you proceed to download the beta version, here is a warning:
Apple has warned about the selection of a device to download the beta versions, time and again. Obviously every good thing comes with a price and in this case, the price might be the volubility of your own Apple Watch. If you want your Apple Watch to work levelheaded just as it does now, downloading the beta version is not a good option for you. But, if your watch is not being used for really important matters then you can test this Software freely. And if you are thinking to test this beta version on your knocked-out Apple watches then let me remind you WatchOS 7 will not be compatible with versions introduced before 2017 (sorry, bad luck!).
And most importantly, this is a one-way street, which means you cannot go back to WatchOS 6 once you have updated to WatchOS 7 public beta version (do it at your own risk).
Now let’s get straight to the guide for how to install WatchOS 7 Public Beta :
- The most important step is to make sure that your iPhone is running the iOS 14 public beta.
- Now make sure you have signed in at Apple’s beta portal on your iPhone.
- On Apple’s guide to the Public Beta page, click on the “WatchOS” option. Now, click the drop-down menu on the top and select “Enroll Your Devices”.
- You can now download the beta profile for your Apple Watch right from your iPhone. To activate this downloaded profile, you have to follow these steps:
- Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management
- Now click on install once you find that new profile.
- Through your Watch App on iPhone, you will be notified that the public beta software is now ready for download. Also, note that you will be notified only if your Apple Watch has automatic updates turned on.
- If you want to check the updates manually, you have to follow these steps:
- On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch App
- Tap on “My Watch”
- Now, you have to navigate from General to Software Update in order to initiate the install.
Note: It is highly recommended that you use the Safari browser from your iPhone in order to complete the download. If you use Chrome browsers then there are high chances that you won’t get the prompts important to complete the install.