Google has launched a new feature named “People Cards”, in India. This feature will let every individual create their own profile on its search engine. This will be more like a business profile which will contain essential details regarding the person or like a virtual visiting card. It can showcase users existing websites and social media profiles. This will help a third person to acquire details of a person. This will be more helpful for business and companies. Google tested this feature for two years.
The purpose of this feature is to provide helpful and reliable information to the public. This will also give users better control over what appears when anyone googles their name. Google will use its Knowledge Graph to display information. To make your own visiting card using ‘People Cards‘, first you need to create a profile
How to create your profile ?
- Sign into your Google Account
- Search for “add me to Search”
- Then you will see a prompt saying, “Add yourself to Google Search.” Click on that
- Your phone number will be asked for verification
- Then you can find a form which will let you create your public profile. It will ask your profile image, location, brief description about yourself and your occupation.
- Options like add details about your work, education, websites, and social media profiles will also appear.
- For creating your profile, you will need to fill out the form provided. Then you will have to submit the card with all the required information.
The more correct information you will provide, the more trustable your profile will be. Wherever people will search for you, your profile will appear in the search results.
Another important thing to be noted is that the Google will allow only one profile card per Google Account. This will help in limiting fake profiles and fake users. And if someone finds multiple cards of the same name then the information provided will guide them. It will also allow users to report a profile if they find misinformation or abusive content.
As for now, this feature is limited to India. Also, this feature is only available for mobile users. This means that you cannot create your profile on your desktop. Users will need to log in to their Google Account on their mobile phones to create profile. And this is available only in English. In addition, users can edit or remove their people card anytime they want to.