A very user-friendly platform, which many are famously used, comes up with a new feature to make it more efficient. Yes, Google Meet brings something new for all the desktop device holders, and now users can change their background. No need to worry about backgrounds anymore during a video call. The application is developed with default images incorporated in it, which can be used as a background.
As mentioned above, users can set images like office spaces and landscapes, and more as their background while attending or conducting a meeting. The feature was rolled out recently in the Google platform but is previously released in Zoom and Skype. All the desktop users can go for this fantastic feature, and it will work on ChromeOS and Chrome browser.
It will work on all Windows and Mac desktop devices, but mobile users will have to wait for more. The feature might be available in seven days for eligible devices, and the custom background will be available for Google Meet Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, and Enterprise Essentials. It will also be rolling out for Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Enterprise for Education, and users with personal accounts in Google.
Steps to enable Background Change feature in Google Meet:
Users can change the Background in Google Meet by following these steps.
You can change the background even before the video call begins by
- Go to your Google Meet and select a meeting.
- You will get the option to change the background.
- After changing it, you can simply join the meeting quickly.
If you are already in the meeting, you change the background during a video call.
- There will be three dots on the bottom right of your screen, so click on it.
- You get options and click on the one, which says Change Background.
- As soon as you click on it, your camera will be turned off, and once you are done, you can continue your meeting with the camera turned on.
Users can select from the already uploaded image or go to the Add option to add your backgrounds.